100% Pure Namida® Wasabi Powder
Are you paying wasabi prices for coloured horseradish?
Most “wasabi” found in your local retailers is just coloured European Horseradish sometimes mixed with mustard. I have even seen “really hot wasabi” advertised that actually contains chilli powder
So what, you ask! Well, basically you are being ripped off!
The real question should be – Why do the suppliers do this?
The answer is really simple. To maximise their profits by duping the consumers.
In Japan, the original home of Wasabi – the manufacturer is allowed to call their mix of whatever “Wasabi” so long as it contains at least 5% of Wasabia japonica. That is normally the leaf which does not contain much potency or flavour.
The rest of the world has now followed this practice, except in most countries outside Japan there doesn’t even need to be any Wasabi in the product at all.
What are you eating now?
If the label does not say 100% Pure Wasabia japonica then you can be sure that you are eating the following ingredients (even if they are not on the label).
· European Horseradish – Armoracia rusticana syn. Cochlearia armoracia. Sometimes grown in Japan (mostly China), but processed in Japan, thereby allowing the manufacturer to use the phrase “Japanese Horseradish”. Sneeky, eh!
· FDA Colours – Yellow #5 & Blue #1
· Mustard powder
· Tumeric powder
· Chilli powder (sometimes).
Why does it matter?
1. European horseradish does not have all the chemical ingredients in it that wasabi has shown to be beneficial to the human body. Have a look at http://www.wasabi.co.nz/benefits.html.
So why eat something that doesn’t improve your health?
2. FDA Yellow #5 – Tartrazine is a coal-tar derivative that is used to colour foods, cosmetics, and other products. It is literally industrial waste. Tartrazine is also reputed to be a catalyst in hyperactivity/ADD, other behavioral problems, asthma, migranes, thyroid cancer, and lupus! It is alleged to cause allergies, thyroid tumors, lymphocytic lymphomas, chromosomal damage, and is banned in Norway. Yellow 5 has been shown to cause cancer not only when ingested, but also when applied to the skin. Some artificial coal tar colors contain heavy metal impurities, including arsenic and lead, which are carcinogenic.
So why would you want to eat anything containing this ingredient?
3. FDA Blue #1 – Another coal-tar derivative that is used to color foods, cosmetics, and other products. More industrial waste. Same problems as Yellow #5 with the added complication of causing chromosomal damage. It is banned in France and Finland.
So why would you eat something that shortens your life?
4. Other ingredients, such as Tumeric, Mustard and chilli powders. We have no idea what preservatives or other chemicals have been added to these fillers.
So why take a chance on your health?
100% Pure Namida®Wasabi Powder
Does Not Contain
· Any Additives
· Any Colouring
· Any Flavouring
· Any Fillers
Why wouldn’t you want the best?
Look for the real stuff. The other stuff will eventually kill you!
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment